Call for Special Issue Proposals
lambda nordica is seeking proposals for special issues to appear in 2022 and 2023.
lambda nordica publishes original peer-reviewed research in the broad, interdisciplinary field of LGBT and queer studies. An open-access journal based in the Nordic region, it is the oldest journal of its kind in Northern Europe, and continues to exist independently of the global academic publishing complex. Starting in 2020, lambda nordica will practice an online-first system, which will speed up the time between article acceptance and publication date, for select articles. The journal accepts submissions in English and the Scandinavian languages, and all issues appear in print as well as in electronic versions. More about the journal, including subscription options here.
For this Call, the journal is open to any topical focus that corresponds with the profile of the journal. At present, however, we are particularly interested in supporting special issue projects that explore contemporary global events that challenge hegemonic power and established knowledge systems and theories, such as – but not limited to - border regimes, identity politics, rising inequalities, epidemiological and ecological crises. We welcome empirically focused and theoretically focused proposals equally. Finally, proposals with authors and editor(s) that represent a diversity in institutional affiliations, identifications, locations and academic experiences, are particularly welcome.
The proposals should be between 2000 and 3000 words in total. Individual research articles should be 6000-8000 words in length, the maximum size for a special issue is 5-8 research articles.
For the proposals, please include the following information, in this order:
- Name(s)s, affiliation(s) and contact email(s) of the guest editor(s).
- Proposed title of the special issue; please also indicate whether the issue is part of a research project, result of a proposed or already completed workshop/conference panel or similar.
- An abstract of 500-750 words that clearly states the topic’s focus and relevance, and the contribution of the special issue to queer scholarship, broadly defined.
- If relevant, the proposed titles of all individual contributions, as well as abstracts of 150-200 words and proposed word count for each article.
- Please also indicate the stage of completion of the articles (e.g. not yet written, first draft completed, revised drafts completed).
Please email proposals and/or any questions you may have, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 September 2020.
The journal will announce (preliminarily) accepted special issue proposals by 15 November 2020. Special issue editor(s) are expected to submit the full manuscripts in spring 2021. Detailed timelines will be worked out individually, in close cooperation between journal editors and special issue editors. The issues will be published in 2022 and 2023, pending editorial and review processes.